Friday, January 1, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies



On New Years Eve my girls and I made Peanut Butter Cookies from the Better Homes and Garden New Cook 1989 edition.

My girls decided to add the milk chocolate chips to the tops after I took the hot cookies from the oven.
Although my family enjoed these, I found the peanut butter flavor a little weak.  I think the next time I bake them I'll either add peanut butter chips to the batter or increase the actual amount of peanut butter added.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter (soft)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 1/4 c ll purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar (can substitute 1/4 cup honey)
1 egg (room temp.)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
In a mixing bowl combine Butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer on high.  Add 1/2 cup flour, sugars, egg, baking soda, baking powder and vanilla.  Beat until well combined.  Beat in remaining flour.  If needed chill dough before handling.
Shape dough into 1 inch balls.  Place on baking sheet atleast 2 inches apart.  Use a fork to flatten with criss-cross pattern.
Bake at 375 degrees for 7-9 minutes.
*Add chocolate chips or hershey kisses immediatly upon removing cookies from oven.
Cool and enjoy.

PS
Sorry for the wonky colors in the photo, my kitchen has horrible lighting!!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Scrumpdiddlyumptious Desserts Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template